Feb 12, 2014, 1:51 pm
Hi swim fams-
1. Our Anderson Invitational meet has been changed to June 21 and 22. This spreads out our invitationals better, gives us a big meet earlier, and should be quite a bit cooler. Our campout meet at Scott Valley will be June 27-29, Red Bluff's meet will be July 11-13, and Weaverville's will be July 25-27. Our target meet will be NVAL CHAMPIONSHIPS--August 1-3!!!
2. Our coaching staff is set. Steven Haslam returns to coach the teenagers and the 11 and up group, and Taylor Serna returns to coach the 9-11's age group. Ashley Moebes Hale will coach the 8 and unders (mornings and evenings), and Carri Longnecker will coach the 8 and unders the first couple of weeks and will be on hand for fill-ins for all groups.
3. By the time the first of March rolls around, there should be 16 Aquagators working on technique and conditioning with our Off-Season swim program at Shasta College. There are currently 12 on board.
4. At the UC Berkeley swim meet field trip we took a couple of weeks ago-- 10 of our swimmers got to meet Missy Franklin, the fastest woman swimmer in the world, and got her autograph. They also saw Natalie Coughlin, the greatest woman swimmer ever. They also saw several races that were the fastest times in the nation, and several pool records. They also learned about character from these ideal role models--sportsmanship, hard work, accountability, preparation, cooperation. Our swimmers that experienced this (and got their autographs) will be faster from the inspiration of this.
5. Our website has lots of info-- www.aquagators.com